Thursday, October 20, 2011

Whole Wheat Honey Bread

I don't want to jinx this, but I never want to buy bread again after making this. We love it so much and it tastes so much better than store bought. I feel better eating it because I know exactly what's inside and there are no preservatives. I use the bread machine to mix and raise the dough so this is very easy to make.

1 1/8 cups warm water
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons wheat gluten
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast

Put into bread machine in listed order starting with water. Use the dough setting on the machine. When the bread machine is done, shape dough into a loaf shape and let rise in a greased loaf pan for about 30 minutes. Cook bread at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: